Oknel Media Ltd t/a The Rock and Wall
Privacy & Cookies Policy
1.i. “Website” or “Site” shall mean www.therockandwall.com and any subsequent domain URL that may replace www.therockandwall.com.
1.iii. ‘You' refers to you, the user of or viewer of or visitor to our website.
2. Our commitment to you
2.i. This privacy and cookies policy sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you use this website.
2.iii. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31st March 2015.
3. What we collect
3.i. At our sole discretion, general visitors to this Site may become registered members. During the registration process, we will collect the following information:
• your name; and
• your date of birth; and
• your email address; and
• your address and your postcode; and
• other information relevant to the sale of goods that we may offer for sale now or in the future and/ or crowdfunding activities.
4. What we do with the information we gather
4.i. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• for internal record keeping; and
• using the information to improve our products and services; and
• periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
• from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes; and
• we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
4.ii. If we offer goods for sale on this Site and if you proceed to purchase such goods, then you will also be bound by separate E-Commerce Terms and Conditions. When you agree to such terms, you will also be agreeing to the Data Protection Act section within those E-Commerce Terms and Conditions.
5. Security of your information
5.i. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and it shall be stored and processed in accordance with applicable laws and, if and to the extent necessary, appropriate consent will be sought from you regarding such storage and processing.
6. Links to other websites
6.i. Our website may contain links to other websites of relevance to our website and the services that we provide.
6.ii. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you agree that we have no direct control over such third party websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you or we provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
6.iii. You should exercise caution and read the privacy policies applicable to the website in question.
7. Controlling your personal information
7.i. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
7.ii. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
7.iv. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
8.i. Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer's hard drive with your consent. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us to remember who you are, analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies contain a unique identifier, usually a string of letters or numbers.
8.ii. Cookies allow web applications on our website to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
8.iii. Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. These cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
8.v. We use the following types of cookies:
• Functional cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not personally identify any individual user. These are usually third party cookies, which we use to deliver a better user experience.
8.vi. You will have been given a choice when you entered our website as to whether to accept or decline cookies.
8.vii. If you declined to give your consent for our cookies, we switched off all cookies except for the functional cookies that are essential for the site to run (including a cookie which tells us that you have made this choice).
8.ix. You can block all cookies (including functional cookies) by activating the setting within the internet browser on your computer that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you do this you may not be able to access some parts of our site. You can find more information about enabling and disabling cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.